Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Trip to Houston...

On Saturday we loaded up the car and headed to Houston to see daddy's family. There were 2 special reasons for our trip 1) Daddy's brother and his family were in town from London and 2) this is the last Christmas at the house daddy grew up in. Nana and Pop Pop are moving north to be near us!

It was a long trip... but I was pretty good as long as mommy reminded me where we were going. I could be heard saying "Pop Pop Nana" throughout the ride...

I was super excited to arrive and see presents under the tree!


Nana has lots of fun Christmas decorations too...


Ready to meet my cousins...


and thrilled to be out of the car!




Mom and dad are so happy that I finally remember my grandparents in between visits... it makes it much more fun when I let Pop Pop fly me within 20 minutes of arriving...


Giving Santa a kiss...


After dinner my cousin Blaise helped me read one of my Leap Frog books...


Take 1 at our family picture...


and take 2 (where I'm actually smiling)...


Nana and Pop Pop and their grandkids... Arianne is 15 and Blaise is 12...


Finally it was time to open presents...


Mommy and daddy gave Arianne and Blaise these great rolls of money (a Rodman tradition)...




I got these awesome leopard boots...


and a princess dress...


Mom thinks I should always wear blue...


Don't you?


I also got princess pajamas...


Sunday we explored Pop Pop's "jungle" for the last time...






This is the tree daddy had his tree house in...






Then we played playdoh...


and watched Barney...


Nana fed me peanut butter and crackers...


I thought it was pretty special...


More playdoh...






Getting Nana involved...


and Pop Pop (mommy and daddy got to take a break!)...


Hugging Nana's doggie...


and hugging Nana...




After I went to bed Jay came back over and mom snapped a picture of the Fort family at their family home...


This morning when I woke up daddy put Maggie in my crib!


I thought it was hilarious!


I would totally let her sleep with me!


Heading back out to Pop Pop's jungle...


Maggie loves the jungle!


A couple of pictures in front of the house to remember it...






and another try at the tree picture...


The drive home didn't go as smoothly. I wasn't as excited to drive home as I was to drive to see Pop Pop and Nana... but I was in a much better mood when I got home and saw my toys. I kept saying "Santa brought Milla toys"...

Back to our routine, including silly bathtub pictures...




We are glad to be home and ready for a visit from Grandma Kitty and Papa!

No comments: