Sunday, April 19, 2009

Wild About Flower Mound Festival

Sorry this is a day late! Mom had a cake pop order to complete last night and just couldn't get all these pictures ready to go...

Saturday afternoon we went to the Wild About Flower Mound Festival. Festival season has officially begun (one of mommy's favorite times of year) and we are ready to enjoy it! Last year wasn't as much fun because I was still teeny tiny and the year before mommy had morning sickness so this is the Year of the Festival for us...

Did you know that mommy was once a Young Life Leader for Flower Mound High School? Go Jaguars!

I got to ride on my first school bus from the parking lot to the festival... I wasn't sure what to think!


"Hey wildflowers at the Wild Flower festival"...


Mom says the stroller is more about carrying stuff than carrying me these days... you'll see I didn't spend much time in the stroller once we were there...


First stop... giant slide! Dad was nice enough to take me up...


"Hi mom!"


Mom was in Festival Heaven when she saw the Fletcher Corny Dog sign... they make the BEST corn dogs ever...


"I can't wait for it to cool off so I can have a bite"...


"YUMMO"...


So good it made me dance!


We heard music and found the stage featuring a dance studio... mom explained she spent many a weekend as a kid performing at festivals like this...

I was in love!


Dancing on daddy's shoulders...


Totally enthralled!


Showing off my own dance moves...


Next we found the doggie adoption area...

"Please"...


and a tiny doggie...


Look how cute he is! If I had him I could put him in a purse!


Next came the petting zoo... the BEST part of the entire day!


"Look at that one mommy I want to pet him"...


He was the color of Maggie and I loved petting his ears just like Maggie's"...


"Awesome!"


The best part was the chicks... mommy picked one out for us to hold...


I wasn't very gentle, but I tried... mommy protected the chick...


So fun!


He started climbing mommy's arm like a parakeet...


This was the point mommy realized that she had never held a chick before... (mommy edit: sorry for the cleavage shot... I tried to edit it, but I couldn't do anything about it and our facial expressions are priceless)...


A piggy!


Our final stop was the Boogie Woogie Choo Choo Train...


at this point mommy was laughing that there was NO way that daddy could fit in that little car...


Look how high his knees were!


He finally realized I was going to need to sit in his lap instead of between his knees...


"Hi mom"...


Can you find us? We're the green car...


The train conductor went really fast and did circles on each end of the train track... SO fun!


I'm not sure who had more fun on this one... me or dad...


These two pictures are just to show off 2 things...

1) my curls after my nap...


2) that I look GOOD in yellow!

No comments: