Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Wildlife Ranch & The Riverwalk...

Make sure you keep reading after this post, mom has gotten lots of posts completed now.

Monday we headed up 35 to Natural Bridge Caverns Wildlife Ranch... unfortunately Mother Nature wasn't on board with our plans...


I didn't mind a few raindrops... it was SO fun!


YAY!


Bevo! Look Papa Rodman!


"Hi Bevo!"


Buffalo! They were SO big, they kind of worried mommy in her little car...


These are hard pictures to get...


Mom finally found one animal she wasn't afraid to hand feed...


He was SO sweet!


"Did you see that daddy?"


All the animals were desperately trying to stay dry...


Eventually I figured out how to feed the animals too, I reached in the bag and threw out the feed through the window, mom was so proud that I didn't try to eat any...


Look at those storm crowds!


Zebra!


Daddy is afraid of ostriches, but not mom and I...


Look at me trying to be taller than the ostrich...


this sign was cracking mommy up... it showed these animals bucking a man... we definitely didn't get out of the car...


It's a Burro! Anyone who watches Imagination Movers will know how excited this made me... a baby burro at that!


We had a friendly ostrich come say hi...


After we drove through we had a snack in the car before we went to the petting area...


The petting farm was really just a barn full of goats... but they were fun...




After nap time I made Shamu fly like he did in the show...


and daddy entertained me while mommy got ready...



On the drive home it was raining really hard and we got hit with a puddle that we could not see around, at all... mom and dad were blinded for about 3 seconds going 70 on the highway... it was a very scary experience!

Monday night the rain stopped and we decided to head to the Riverwalk... sans Fiesta... a MUCH better experience!


Look at the ducks!


I was so excited I quacked and quacked at them...


I was even more excited when I found out I was going to have dinner with them...


I fed them crispix...


and the waiter fed them chips...


and waved at all the riverboats that went by...


I had SO much fun!


When the mariachis came over to play, mom and I danced...


then daddy helped me dance while mommy finished eating...


They accidentally took daddy's beer before he was done so he got a free one... YAY!


After dinner we went to ride the riverboat... amazingly after dad's free beer, some guy gave us 2 free tickets for the riverboat...


I really enjoyed waving to everyone...


One of our rare family pictures... the woman who took this picture actually commented on how well behaved I was... mommy was proud!


Look how pretty this stained glass is! Mommy told daddy she wants it for Mother's Day...


Since we were in the area we headed over to see the Alamo...


I was sad to see it was locked up...


But mom captured a beautiful picture under a tree of flowers...


Silly girl dancing...


I had a great time exploring the riverwalk...


We ended the evening with Ben and Jerry's... SO good! We had never experienced Chocolate Therapy before (Chocolate ice cream with chocolate cookies and swirls of chocolate pudding) but mom will be looking for it in the stores...


"Dad that is SO good!"


Bird mouth...


Chocolate face!

No comments: