Friday, March 12, 2010

Toddlers Explore the Museum...

This morning was a 2007 Super Playdate... meaning all the 2007 playgroups were invited to one playgroup at the Fort Worth Museum...

No I don't have a museum outfit... so mom let me decide what I wanted to wear and I said Minnie (not something I have been interested in recently)...


But mom made me the super cute bubble skirt and the shirt has glitter so it's what I chose...


and yes... the swing addiction continues...


I immediately went to the babies to play baby doctor...


This included using my stethoscope, taking their diaper on and off and bathing them...






There's a new exhibit in the children's area that has balance beams and obstacles... I kept telling mom I was at nastics (gymnastics)...




Next we made a stop at the grocery store...





Where I found Brooklyn...




and then I found Jacob and Hudson at the trains (not a big surprise)...


I was quickly over the children's area and wanted to explore... Especially the dinosaurs. I really impressed mommy before we left the house this morning when I told her that I wanted to see dinosaurs and then explained to her that the bones are in the dirt (seriously I did and she has no idea where I learned this)...


Did you know Barney is a dinosaur? I still don't believe it!


Brooklyn and I found a dinsoaur footprint to play in...


and mom tried to get a picture of me with the big dinosaur...


I was finally willing to explore the big alligator/dragon/dinosaur (I call him an alligator)...


But you can see that didn't last long...


Keira, Hudson and Jacob in the ambulance...


Bella and I taking care of the babies...


My turn in the ambulance...


Finally mom and I were tired of the crowds (lots of fieldtrips) and we headed upstairs to some of the quieter exhibits. Including these awesome longhorns and ponies...


I made mom walk through it 4 times...


Next we headed over to the history of Fort Worth exhibit and found the trolley...


There was a tiny one and a full size one that you sit in and "ride". Well actually it just kind of shakes and an image goes by like you are passing stuff on the street. I loved it and we "rode" it 3 times!


Mom was just thrilled for the peace and quiet!


Moo! This guy was my favorite. He's a piece of art that lights up different colors. I got to practice my colors with him.


Mom changed me over to reduced fat milk and she can already see a difference in my eating! I finished an entire uncrustable sandwich and 30 minutes later said "I need lunch"... so we settled on some french fries...


We caught up with my friends who were eating lunch outside...


Burning off a little extra energy with Bella and Hudson...


What a fun game of chase!


Hudson was in great spirits!


He gave me a couple of really big hugs (including one choke hold that mommy had to stop)...


But then he made a peace offering of rocks...


and gave me a kiss...


We finished the day in the gift shop where I got a "prize"... no I didn't get the horsy... instead I got a bag of rocks that has kept me entertained the entire evening!


Keep reading for preschool adventures from Thursday, mom didn't get it posted until Friday afternoon.

No comments: