Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Zoo Day!

We all know mommy's favorite time to go to the zoo is when rain is in the forecast. The idea of rain keeps people away and there's enough indoor places that even if it does rain a little we still get to have fun.

So today we headed to the zoo. When we got there it was pouring, Miss Christy & Miss Carrie were stuck on I-35 in hail and mom was starting to think this was a very bad idea. But quickly it ended and we never saw another raindrop...

I kept on my rain coat at first just in case...


After the rain the monkeys came out to play...


and I showed the flamingos my flamingo impression...


I think they liked the rain...


Just like I like the flamingos...


and Bubba... I love Bubba! He arrived while we were looking at flamingos...


Then we headed to the elephants...


and I posed with Bonnie as always...


The giraffes weren't out yet, but I was happy with the swans and fish...


Then it was LION TIME! Oh how I love the daddy lion... He roared just for me!


His mate came up and gave him a kiss to make him stop roaring...


and then she headed down the ladder (we had no idea they could go down there)...


The young male lion's mane continues to grow!


Look how strong Bubba is pushing Addi!


The penguins were eating their lunch and the trainer was making them dive for the fish..


Addi & I always have to hold hands at least once...


Train time!


Next we headed to the new MOLA exhibit... it opened last week and we've been excitingly waiting for it (even though it does include snakes)...


What an awesome turtle!


This is one of my favorite pictures of Addi ever!


BIG snake!


How neat is this lizard!


Komodo dragon...

This is how Bubba spends most of his time at the zoo... full steam ahead!


This picture gives you a good view of how beautiful the MOLA exhibit is... lots of full wall exhibits and beautiful ceilings...


Mom was so impressed that I could properly identify all the reptiles by their skeletons...


Doing what toddlers do best... make believe...


Hello Mr. Alligator... how are you doing? This guy was my view at lunch! He looks into the new restaurant (which of course has to make him hungry)... I was SO well behaved at lunch...


You can also see these crocodiles & turtles from the restaurant...


How fun is that?


What a beautiful sign mom!


Working on a group picture... first the girls...


Then everyone for about 2 seconds...


and of course before we left we had to get our picture where we always take it...


What a fun day at the zoo!

No comments: