Friday, March 6, 2009

15 months old!



Today I am 15 months old... amazing isn't it? (mom is in love with this new photo of me)...

Here are all my little tidbits... sorry there are so many, mommy forgot to do these last month and I've really exploded developmentally in the past 2 months...
  • I have 12 teeth! I think my incisors are starting now...
  • I've become a great dancer and twirler...
  • I love my squeaky shoes and smile the minute I hear them squeak...
  • I sleep 11 hours at night... sometimes I nap once a day and sometimes twice...
  • I could live at the park, provided that mom brought snacks and a sippy cup...
  • My favorite kid's shows remain Sesame Street (I can say Elmo, Big Bird & Abby), Jack's Big Music Show, Blues Clues, Imagination Movers & Ellen (I say Ellen too)...
  • When one of my favorite shows comes on I start clapping really hard, smile at mom like "please let me watch this" and then I start dancing to the theme song...
  • My favorite toy is my kangaroo climber and hanging out in the backyard...
  • I still HATE diaper changes and wear pull-ups most of the day...
  • I love Little Gym and love to explore the gym on my own...
  • I have started Musikgarten (music class) and Swim Lessons, as well...
  • I have become a MUCH better eater... My favorite things include diced ham, beans, chicken nuggets, oatmeal, corn dogs, green beans, cereal, welch's fruit snacks, cinnamon rolls, Annie's bunnies (all varieties) and sweet potatoes...
  • I'm in love with stuffed animals and when I'm tired a bury my head in them, I work really hard at getting a new stuffed animal or ball at any store we go to...
  • I've started coloring, I love my bathtub crayons...
  • I am great at animal noises... when showed an animal I can "moo", "baa", "meow", "ruff", "growl", "oink", "quack", "chirp", and "oh oh ah ah" (monkey)... I also wiggle my nose for bunnies and smack my lips for fish...
  • This month has marked my vocabulary explosion and mom feels like I am actually communicating with her finally... my best pronunciation words are "Thank you", "Baba", "Mommy", "Papa", "Elmo", "Abby", "Uh-Oh", "Hi", "Bye Bye", "Ball", "Whee", "Whoa", "Wow", "More" (also sign), "Please" (also sign), "Kitty", "Puppy"
  • The words I am still working on are "Maggie" (Mami), Milla (Mimi), Blankie (bankie), I've been heard saying things like "gimme blankie" and "gimme that"... though not consistently...
  • I'm a great mimicker and will say pretty much anything you say... WATCH OUT!
  • I'm attached to my blankie, but blankie stays at the house and doesn't go out with us (except to places that are stressful like the doctor's office)...
  • I've officially been attacked by a puppy dog (a wiener dog) and now have dog anxiety... mom is working with me on it... I still love my Maggie dog...
  • I don't like Callie the Cat anymore... I hit her and growl at her... it's because she has tried to bite and scratch me one too many times...
  • I love to blow kisses to mommy and daddy and Elmo and sometimes to Maggie and stuffed animals and books...
  • I give GREAT hugs & high fives...
  • I still fit in 6-12 month clothes from Gymboree, but the 12-18 month ones fit too... Too bad mom bought an entire summer wardrobe for me in 18-24 months (on clearance last year)...
  • Lollipops are one of my FAVORITE things and I can eat an entire miniature tootsie pop to the core in about 20 minutes (I even eat the tootsie roll)...
  • My other favorite thing is M&Ms... I know which room they live in (Daddy's office) and I try to sneak in there to get them... I only get them when I get hurt and need a distraction...
  • Separation anxiety is still in full force! Mommy left the room the other day at Little Gym and I threw a HUGE fit...
  • Mom doesn't use my leash anymore because I'm really good about staying with her...
  • I now do really well at following directions, I can "go get the ball", "go get a book" (even a specific book)...
  • Last night mommy asked me if I was ready to go to bed and I left the living room and went to my bedroom ready to go to sleep...
  • Mom has started reading toddler discipline books and plans on doing some time-outs with me, but since she started all she gets to is "1...2"... in a really stern voice and I'm done. She has a very scary stern voice...
  • I love to play dress up and to dress up my Maggie dog...

    Here are some pictures of today... Playing dress up in mommy's makeup with my beads...


    Climbing the stairs in the backyard...


    Doing a mini-photo shoot...


    Blowing in the wind...


    One of my new spring dresses...


    Today mom had her Mom's League meeting... I read my book on the way there...



    I got to see Hudson...


    and Bella...


    Look at Bella the Monkey!


    Here's a fun video of me... any idea what I'm saying?

Tonight we went to dinner at Uncle Julios... I love their beans...


Yummy!

No comments: